The hotel is continuously looking for motivated individuals to join our expanding hospitality team.
JOB DESCRIPTION - NIGHT PORTER
Please see below Job Description details.
Closing date 12th June 2019
Please submit CV's to HR@loughviewleisure.com
Job title: Night Porter
Reports to: Operations Manager, Hotel Manager
Job context: It is most likely that you will be the first person that our guests will meet, and the first impression that you give effects greatly what they think of the Hotel. Therefore you are expected always to be well presented, to treat the guests in a friendly and professional manner, and to personally assume responsibility for resolving any queries or requests they have.
Scope & Purpose of the Job
To assist in the organisation, supervision and smooth running of Reception, to ensure all guests are treated in the correct manner, and that all tasks are completed in accordance with Company procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Receiving and registering guests on arrival, bearing in mind confidentiality and Data Protection at all times
• To be fully conversant with all facilities and services in the hotel, provide maximum guest satisfaction at all times, report any issues to management
• Cash handling/reconciliation
To be conversant with and to operate all in-house administration procedures and to be able to operate effectively all business equipment required in the operations of Reception.
To be familiar with all areas of night operation and ensure a high standard of service is provided.
To be fully conversant and comply with health, safety, hygiene, fire and security regulations and procedures of the hotel, and to ensure others are aware of their responsibilities in this regard.
To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained at all times in the hotel
Assume responsibility for handling all accident and incident reports and logging and communication of the information.
Work with the night team to ensure that the hotel is safe and secure, reporting any suspicious activity/security breaches to hotel management
Set up functions and breakfast for the following day
Skills & Specifications
• Welcoming, friendly, helpful demeanour
• Computer literate to include Excel, Microsoft office
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Flexible working pattern
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Previous experience within a Night porter role in a 4* hotel
To assist and take part in training courses as required.
Any other duties as required by Management.